Greater Philadelphia Leadership Exchange (GPLEX) Internship
The Economy League of Greater Philadelphia (ELGP) seeks a part-time intern to assist with planning, coordination, and communications for the Greater Philadelphia Leadership Exchange (GPLEX). The Greater Philadelphia Leadership Exchange (GPLEX) Intern will support the Economy League in planning and executing a 2-day conference (http://economyleague.org/connecting-leaders/gplex) to be held in Detroit in October, plus additional GPLEX 360 planning.
GPLEX is a program at the Economy League that is focused on bringing together leaders from all sectors around the region with the goal of creating diverse cross-sector collaboration and networking at a yearly conference. The 2022 conference will be held in Detroit in October, and 6-8 events (known as GPLEX360) will take place leading up to the conference. Events are a mix of networking, panel discussions, workshops, and regional tours of relevant spaces and industries.
ELGP is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to research and analysis of the region's resources and challenges with the goal of promoting sound public policy and increasing the region's prosperity. Through a select group of programs and research initiatives, we bring together leaders and organizations across all sectors to address the most challenging issues facing the Greater Philadelphia region.
Working with the GPLEX Director to plan and prepare for a year of events, culminating in an October conference:
• Assistance developing content and agendas for the conference and 360 events
• Managing applicant databases
• Designing and developing materials for conferences and events
• Managing logistics including participant transportation, meal planning, etc.
• Cohort communications and engagement
• Administrative and other duties, as assigned
• Conducting background research on the Detroit Metro area including a literature and media review to understand their regional issues are being addressed
• Develop discussion questions and speaker preparation packets for panel and speakers participating in the learning visit
The GPLEX Graduate Intern will have the opportunity to attend the Leadership Exchange in Detroit as staff in early October 2022.
Candidate should have at least a Bachelors degree in planning, marketing, economics or a related field, and be pursuing an advanced degree. Additionally, he or she should possess:
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Creativity, self-motivation and willingness to ask questions;
• Effective interpersonal skills, team player;
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as part of a project team;
• Effective interpersonal skills and a sense of humor;
• An interest in public policy and civic engagement.
• Work-study applicants encouraged to apply
• Ideally, the intern will work a minimum of 15 hours/week through the end of October 2022. The start date and schedule are flexible and can cover spring and summer or summer and fall
• Due to the ongoing pandemic, until further notice the Economy League is operating remotely under a Work-From-Home policy. The organization will provide the employee with a Microsoft Office 365 account that will enable remote access to Economy League resources and systems. In the future, employee will likely be required to work in person, per guidance from the City's Health Commissioner and the CDC.
Please email a cover letter, work sample, and resume to GPLEX Director firstname.lastname@example.org